Gary Howe in the Press
- TC Election What the candidates have to say on bicyclists, Division Street, parks, festivals…Northern Express, October 7, 2013.
- Undecideds Rule in Traverse City Election Poll, The Ticker September 25, 2013.
- Meet the Seven Traverse City Commission Candidates, The Ticker August 21, 2013. Full answers posted here.
- Announcement of Commitment to Run, Blog | “What really motivates me is how decisions made today have an impact on communities for decades to come.”
- Interview with Vic McCarty, July 2013 (Vintage Vic, the first 5 minutes are spent talking about pets and striking swans, before getting to the issues.)
- Traverse City is king of walkability, Second Wave, 2013 | “I don’t think the question is ‘Can we afford sidewalks?” instead, it’s ‘Can we afford not to do sidewalks?'”
- Why the U.P. should go to the dogs, Second Wave, 2013| “Why else would real estate listings list proximity to dog parks as an asset?”
Complete Streets, Connected Communities
- No Place for Pedestrians, Northern Express, 2012 | “I’m not going to kill myself to get some salsa.”
- Gary Howe; On fire and Fueling Up, The Ticker, 2012 | “It’s about staying involved and making sure your values are represented as best as they can be through the process.”
- Old school social networking: TC’s Gary Howe wants to build a truly connected city, Second Wave, 2011 | “Everyone hates motorized traffic when it’s in front of their homes, but then that seems to be forgotten when we get in our cars and drive through someone else’s neighborhood.”