Here’s a few public meetings this week that engaged citizens might find interesting. Two focus on the homeless shelter proposal by Safe Harbor and a third focuses on Hickory Hills.
Safe Harbor will be hosting two discussions about the site and building proposal at the old Boys and Girls Club on Wellington St. It is a City owned building and they’ve requested the right to use it for for a homeless shelter, details of which are yet to be determined.
- Tonight at 6:30pm will be a general meeting and will begin with a 30 minute presentation.
- Wednesday February 19 at 6:30pm will address specific concerns related to Boardman Neighborhood and Hull Park.
Both meetings are being held at the Traverse City Area Library on Woodmere Ave. Background information for Safe Harbor’s proposal can be found at gtsafeharbor.org.
Thursday, February 20 there will be an open house and input session for a Hickory Hills Master Plan. The open house is scheduled from 5 pm to 8 pm in the Second Floor Training Room of the Governmental Center. There will be a presentation from 6:30 to 7 pm followed by an open discussion.
More information is available at the City of Traverse City’s Hickory Hill’s webpage at
- Due to President’s Day, the City Commission meets on Tuesday night at 7pm.
- Wednesday night at 7pm a special meeting of the Planning Commission to review the Capital Improvement Plan.
Send a message:
* Comments are sent to the author and may be used for future posts. Shared comments will be identified by first name only, unless otherwise requested.